3 Powerful Closing Phrases To Close Any Deal

In any sales conversation the one who controls the conversation will control the sale - and the money that comes with it. But if you find yourself losing control of the conversation, what should you do?

First, don’t lose your calm and focus. Second, use what I’m about to share with you today. There are 3 powerful phrases you can use at any point in the conversation to regain control and close the deal.

You can use these phrases in multiple situations, not just sales conversations. You can use them to negotiate a raise with your boss, get your team more motivated, and even get your kids to bed. So keep an open mind and see how you can use these phrases to get more control in your life.

Here they are...

Closing Phrase #1: “I don’t know...”

When to say it:

When you want more information about what the other party’s wants and needs are. 

Why:

We use because the person who knows the most in a sales conversation has the power. If you understand what they truly want, you can use it to your advantage. 

Example:

Prospect: “How much do you charge?”

You: “I don’t know… it depends on what you want. Can you tell me exactly what you’re looking for?”


Prospect: “Well, I want A, B, and C…”


Closing Phrase #2: “Before I get off the phone…”
When to say it:

When the prospect says “I have to think about it” or “I need to speak to the spouse”. You can use this when the prospect is interested but has not committed.

Why:

The phrase takes the pressure off the prospect and they let their guard down. You can use this phrase to get more information from the prospect.

Example:

Prospect: “I have to think about it.”

You: “That’s fine. Now, before I get off the phone… Mr/Mrs. Prospect, what was the reason you called me in the first place?”

Prospect: “I called you because I wanted you to help me achieve X, Y, Z.”

Closing Phrase #3: “Where should we go from here?”
When to say it:

When the deal is ready to be closed and the prospect is already committed. 
Do NOT use this when the prospect is not ready to be closed.

Why:

It gives the prospect one last opportunity to show their commitment. Nobody wants to think they were closed by someone else, let the prospect make the decision to close themselves.

Example:

Prospect: “Yeah, that sounds great.”
You: “So, where should we go from here?”

Prospect: “Let’s move forward.”

*****

Bonus Closing Phrase: “Congratulations”
When to say it:
After the close.

Why:
You don’t need to thank the prospect. They had a problem and you were able to help them solve it with the sale.
So congratulate them instead of thanking them.
*****
You’re now armed with three powerful tools in your arsenal.
Use them wisely and responsibly.
These are some of the most powerful closing phrases I still use today.
So implement them today, and share with me your results.

Comments

Popular Posts